ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Click/scroll in Inactive Windows

<< < (3/4) > >>

moreleech:
Well this game if its not in focus or active, then i would disconnect

AndyM:
Well this game if its not in focus or active, then i would disconnect

-moreleech (April 01, 2009, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
If the game window loses focus, it quits?

moreleech:
Yes
I like to multi task while playing

AndyM:
understood, but it's beyond me, sorry!

tranglos:
Now i just need a program that lets me click in inactive windows, so my active window doesnt get disturbed
-moreleech (March 31, 2009, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

If I understand correctly what you mean, this is a contradiction in terms. A clicked window will receive focus - it's one of the most basic rules of Windows user interface. Conversely, a window that has no focus does not accept input (clicking, typing) - Windows does not send mouse or keyboard messages to an inactive window. And only one window can have focus and receive input at any given time.

Programs like KatMouse work by "manually" sending appropriate scroll messages to a window underneath the mouse. I guess a similar program could send clicks too, but sending a click would activate the window.

While it's also possible to send keyboard messages (though trickier and not all key combinations can be sent reliably), I'm not sure if inactive windows process keyboard messages, and you could not use the physical keyboard to do so, because your physical keypresses would go to the currently active window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version