ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Click/scroll in Inactive Windows

<< < (2/4) > >>

moreleech:
KatMouse: http://ehiti.de/katmouse/
Allows you to scroll windows with wheel by moving mouse over it BUT without it being "in focus" (not clicking on it)...
-----
Quoted the above from a lifehacker comment. Maybe it is what you are looking for?
-Mazinga (March 29, 2009, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

im using taekwindow (spelled right) and it basically does the same thing

still needing a program that lets me click in inactive windows

ewemoa:
I'm about to try the following:

http://www.wxftools.com/deskangel/deskangel.html

Thanks Mazinga for the KatMouse suggestions as DeskAngel came up for a search of:

portable katmouse

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it (DeskAngel) works for the case I had in mind: MS Script Debugger...ah well.

moreleech:
Im using VordexWheel for inactive scrolling and MoveInactiveWin.exe

Now i just need a program that lets me click in inactive windows, so my active window doesnt get disturbed

AndyM:
Not elegant, but if you want to type in the inactive window, I think you are going to have to save the status of the active window, make the window under the cursor the active window, type or have the typed text pasted, and then restore the original active window.

I can think of a few ways to trigger the procedure, but I don't understand how this will work without three hands (one to position the mouse, and the other two to type).  Or is it one hand typing while the other is mousing?

AndyM:
Now i just need a program that lets me click in inactive windows, so my active window doesnt get disturbed
-moreleech (March 31, 2009, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
A different thought.

Why not just make the active window "always on top".  Then you can click anyplace else you can see and type in that window while still viewing the entire original active window just the way it was.

I have several ways to toggle windows "always on top" (hotkey, button on titlebar, rightclick on titlebar sends window to bottom, etc.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version