Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 26, 2014, 04:11:42 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2009/May/31 - DC/IOSx02 - DC Meetup Berlin, Germany  (Read 11103 times)
gjehle

lonesome linux warrior

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »

hello fellow DCers,
today I have the distinct honor to announce:

DC/IOSx02 - Donationcoder Meetup / In Outer Space - the 2nd installment

rungestrasse 20, 10179 berlin, germany
datetime: 2009/May/31 / 5pm / open end

when we met last time right after the annual chaos communication congress 25C3 early january this year it was a small yet awesome meetup.
so awesome in fact, we agreed to do it again!

as last time already the event will be held on board c-base, the space station buried below berlin.
c-base, conveniently located in berlin's city center, can be reached by subway via stops S+U jannowitzbruecke or U heinrich-heine-strasse.

we still don't believe in agendas, so this is an open discussion / hangout / boozing / lounge / nerd event.
if you're in the area (there happens to be a certain 'it security congress' at the same time) please drop by and join us for some bottles of club-mate and/or brewskies.

for questions of any kind please contact me or housetier.
if you're planning to attend, please let us know so we get a rough idea of what to expect.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

To make a difference, be different.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 03:29:42 PM »

Good to see c-base still exists, I donated to them too in the past (sadly never been there myself so far). smiley

It's not very likely for me to end up in Berlin exactly that day and time, but who knows...  Cool

Thank you.
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:58:08 AM »

brotherS, you are welcome on board anytime. If you give me a notice beforehand, we can arrange something (special guided tour or so). smiley
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 09:04:54 AM »

Thanks, noted! Thmbsup

Thank you.
gjehle

lonesome linux warrior

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 07:46:39 AM »

Just a quick reminder to all those not checking the forum on a regular basis.
Mark down the meeting date in your calendars! cheesy

See you in Berlin!  drinksmiley
gjehle

lonesome linux warrior

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 05:23:35 AM »

As mouser already mentioned in the latest newsletter we've got a special treat for all DC members who will attend the meetup in Berlin end of this month.

Cody spaceship mugs!

The mugs are a limited edition and you can only get them if you're a DC member and join the meeting.
Come and claim your mug as long as we still have some left!
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 09:12:11 AM »

The mugs arrived last week and are phe-nom-en-al! Each of the mugs is huge, so it can hold a lot of your favorite tea or coffee.

What makes them unique though is the picture that goes around on the outside: it is a mashup of Cody flying into space and the logo from c-base.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 12:20:45 PM »

how about posting a pic of the mugs?
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 04:14:18 PM »

I took a few pictures with my cell phone. This is the first time, I actually make use of the camera!

The six mugs (the seventh is in the sink, to be washed):

I rotated the the mugs so we can get a nice around view:

gjehle

lonesome linux warrior

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »

woohoo, can't wait to get one!
gjehle

lonesome linux warrior

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 05:10:38 AM »

Just a quick reminder guys and gals.
One week left!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 04:07:05 PM »

only a few more days for this!  keep in mind these mugs are exclusive to the c-base gathering and are free for dc attendees.. they will probably be worth 1 million dollars each by the year 2025, so get 'em while you can.
suleika
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 09:22:58 AM »

I wish I could be there on 31st - this is the first year since 2004 that I haven't been in Berlin some of Spring/Summer, and I miss it so much.  Next time I visit I will pop into c-base and say hello. 
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 02:40:05 PM »

unfortunately I'm far away this weekend . .
Like Suleika, if I am there at some stage I'll call up the [space] station smiley
very cool mugs all right,
who did them anyway?

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 02:49:46 PM »

who did them anyway?

Nick Pearson (Nudone) of course -- he does all the Cody art.  Though the c-base logo and text is by someone else at c-base.
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 04:32:02 AM »

Well, I'm sort of 'around' Germany, but I won't be able to make that meeting Sad
Would've been very nice to grab such a great mug!

Thnx,
Ath

urlwolf
Charter Member

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 05:39:16 AM »

I'm coming. I think gothic is also around Berlin by now... let me check...
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 05:46:08 AM »

I think gothic is also around Berlin by now... let me check...

since he and his wife are in my guest room as i type i can definitively say that is negatory.  he will be in belgium in a week.
urlwolf
Charter Member

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 09:15:55 AM »

I think gothic is also around Berlin by now... let me check...

since he and his wife are in my guest room as i type i can definitively say that is negatory.  he will be in belgium in a week.

cheesy

Ok, then in a week and some days they will come to Berlin, and we will meet smiley
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 06:25:34 PM »

anyone attending? give us a live update.
urlwolf
Charter Member

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 03:31:52 AM »

Sorry, I couldn't make it...
gjehle

lonesome linux warrior

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 05:11:35 AM »

Here's a shot of the meetup on board c-base.

From left to right: [forgot name X_X please halp], housetier, gjehle.
People not properly visible are c-base inventory ;-)

Mind the uber-stylish DC/c-base cup in front of [forgot name X_X please halp] cheesy
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:06:44 PM by gjehle » Logged
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 07:19:31 AM »

Here's a shot of the meetup on board c-base.

From left to right: brotherS, housetier, gjehle.
People not properly visible are c-base inventory ;-)

Mind the uber-stylish DC/c-base cup in front of brotherS cheesy

ohmy Whoever that was, it was not me! I was neither in nor even near Berlin.

Thank you.
gjehle

lonesome linux warrior

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »

-- snip --
ohmy Whoever that was, it was not me! I was neither in nor even near Berlin.

sorry about that.
since i was busy talking to someone else at the time of introduction and housetier has name-remembering-issues, we weren't exactly sure about the name anymore X_X

please, whoever you were, state name and rank Wink
</embarrassment>
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 05:55:56 AM »

From the PMs I received I believe it might have been TomD101. But who can really be sure with my (lack of) memory for names...
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.045s | Server load: 0.16 ]