This looks like extremely exciting news for developers interested in making high quality Flash games.. It's a new open source flash game engine called PushButton Engine, and it looks very impressive, including physics, tilemaps, and networking.
The PushButton Engine is an open-source [FLASH] game engine and framework that's designed for a new generation of games. This game engine helps you spend less time with code conventions and more time designing fun experiences.
- Physics based on Box2D.
- Gameplay components: health, teams, state machines.
- Sprite-based and SWF-based 2D rendering.
- Tilemap system.
- Pathfinding library.
- Basic networking. Pass events to/from your servers, do XMLRPC/JSON Web API requests, etc.
- Awesome UI capabilities via Flash - localizable, stylable/themable, internationalizable.
- Easy to customize and extend for your game, based on the components you are using.
- Human-readable XML formats, so easy to do automated processing, use other editors, convert from external sources, etc.
- Written in Flash, so runs everywhere PushButton Engine does.
- Advanced Networking Library