ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Update Your Browser! It's Obsolete!...

(1/3) > >>

masu:
Hello,

could Donationcoder integrate such a message into the website so encourage people to update their browsers

http://update-your-browser.com/

Ehtyar:
No offense intended, but Yuk!! Not only is that bar at the top of the screen awful, but what the hell is IE doing on that site featured so prominently, with the other (read: better) browsers displayed to such a lesser extent, not to mention the complete lack of Opera, Chome et al. And what of the plethora of users unable to update their browsers because they're visiting on machines they don't have administrative access to?

Ehtyar.

app103:
As ehtyar said, there are people that can't upgrade/update to whatever they are pushing, for a variety of reasons.

None of the browsers they list (IE, Firefox, or Safari) have a version that is current and capable of running on Win9x. Are they going to list K-Meleon for 9x users? Or are they just going to be browser/OS bigots for profit?

I can't help but wonder the motivation that site has with their message, such as getting people to link to them so they have a higher PR and the ad space they have is worth more money?

And pushing IE7 when the current version is actually IE8? I think they may need to update their browser.  ;D

40hz:
I'd might be more inclined to go along with them if they'd just change their byline from this:

An online, community initiative to phase out Internet Explorer 6

to this:

An online, community initiative to phase out Internet Explorer

Why think small?  ;)

-----

And who are these people anyway? There's no About page - or anything else identifying who these 'oh so helpful' folks are. I'm always suspicious of nameless and unidentifiable humanitarians.

shirtour:
I am with you all the way! Firefox Forever (or just about anything except IE)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version