ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone using ActionOutline (Action Outline) ?

<< < (2/2)

TomColvin:
KeyNote is perhaps among the top five of software that I use constantly.  I use it mainly as an information cabinet.  I tend to choose a subject and then collect infrormation on that subject for several years!  Over that period of time, I've got an incredibly useful and well organization filing cabinet on number subjects.

Occadionally, I will use it more strictly for outling.  I tried Action Outliner some years back and was disappointed.  Obviously, it's been upgraded a lot -- I'll go back and look again.

For my major history project, I'm using WhizFolder Deluxe, which I find superior in linking to all kinds of external data.

wideeyedguy:
Briefly, if possible, help me understand what is going on with KeyNote.

I thought it was no longer being supported and developed.
Is this new KeyNote NF a new project using the original as the
jumping off platform??

??

weg

SKA:
@weg

Just click here : http://code.google.com/p/keynote-nf/
and all will be revealed to you. Its an update to the keynote.exe, you can copy over the new exe and replace the old KN exe.  Better to rename or backit up first.

SKA

CyberCrone:
Greetings,

Is anyone actively using ActionOutline (Green Parrots)?

-wideeyedguy (March 28, 2009, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

This thread turned out to be mostly about Keynote (annoying) but in case original poster is still interested, I am using Action Outline and I like it better than anything I've tried so far altho I haven't tried Keynote.  It costs $34 for a completely enabled version and for me it is worth it.  The best thing about it, other than great interface and ease of use, is that you can even link to emails and phone numbers.  It lacks a couple of things I think it ought to have: a reminder function and date headings so it can be used as a journal.

I've solved the reminder need by using Notezilla.  In case you aren't familiar with this program, it's a must-have.  You can attach notes to web pages or any page on your computer, and it has a reminder function.  In effect, you can add reminders to any file, no matter what the program, and customize your reminder message.  Easy and quick to add the notes, and to remove them once you don't need the reminder anymore, and many opitons to set up schedule for reminders.  I know there are other sticky note programs out there but I've never found anything that equals Notezilla.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version