Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 28, 2014, 02:12:49 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Search for text inside txt or doc files?  (Read 3487 times)
gaiageek
Participant

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 27, 2009, 10:31:58 AM »

Is it possible to search for text within text or document files using FARR? I did try with the original config, and looked for plugins, but found no way to do it.
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 10:37:11 AM »

I don't think so. But a very nice idea for a plugin, maybe utilize some other program's feature...
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:54:54 AM »

yeah it would really be nice if someone wrote a farr plugin that would interface with some of the desktop search tools that index file content (google desktop search, etc.)
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »

i've actally written one that uses Windows Search. but it misses some icons (for outlook stuff) and it is slow on everything starting with e   Sad

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 06:17:53 PM »

share it!!

maybe it shouldnt start searching until at least 4 or 5 characters are typed -- would that speed it up?
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 11:59:24 AM »

share it!!

maybe it shouldnt start searching until at least 4 or 5 characters are typed -- would that speed it up?

Yeah, it probably would. going to try it out when I'm at home again (am skiing this weekend). i'll also post a screenshot of the icons i'd need. maybe someone would be willing to make these?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »

i'll also post a screenshot of the icons i'd need. maybe someone would be willing to make these?

dc member hamradio is reallllly good at making icons and has been willing to help out in cases like this.
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 02:09:52 PM »

Indeed! He made all the fabulous FarrMilk icons. That's probably why I didn't dare asking him yet, I think I still owe him for making these. And then I have another FARR plugin in my head, waiting to be developed, which I'll also need icons for. One can always ask though I guess smiley

phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 03:12:55 AM »

Just want to mention that my Windows Search plugin is available now. You can get it from here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.06 ]