ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

quiet down the prompting

(1/2) > >>

justice:
I think almost a third of all the things I click on are unnessecary windows prompts, such as 'do you want to run this file' (yes i clicked on it), 'this file was downloaded off the net are you really sure', 'you logged in a website do you want firefox to save the password' (why is there no yes always), 4 prompts before any installation actually starts with useless text, licence agreements, language choices (can't they detect the language of my os).

I'm fed up with it. They get in the way of my work and distract me. In 5 years I won't be able to hold a single thought for longer than a few seconds. Any clever people about that can help with solutions?

tide:
If you're worried about your memory in five years then be thankful for messages like "Are you sure you want to format Drive C:\?" :)

But seriously, many programs have options that you can set to remove those prompts and, otherwise, your fingers should learn to navigate through all the minor roadblocks so that it becomes automatic and really takes a negligible span of time. It's not like you could grow a beard or wax the car in that interval.

There are solutions however. You can use AutoHotKey or similar package to monitor those popup events and program it to dispatch them immediately.

justice:
i realise computers are made so fragile that it requiress an increasingly silly amount of prompting to stop people from breaking it.

Maybe people should consider hiding such options under an administrator menu that can only be access using the user account password.
Come'on you shouldn't get asked are you sure you want to format c:, you should not be given the option in the firstplace surely?

/rant

tsaint:
Isn't this what PTFB (Push the Freaking Button) was designed for? In casre it's of use to you ....http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,23023-order,4/reviews.html
which is a link to the last freeware version dowload, rather than a review

justice:
Nice one having a go with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version