ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Remove Item In "Add/Remove Programs"

(1/1)

siouxdax:
I'm trying to remove an item in "Add/Remove Programs". When I click "remove" it says that such-and-such file cannot be found. Normally it would ask me if I would like to remove the entry from the "Add/Remove Programs" list, but this item doesn't do that. So I go to delete the item from "Program Files" and check back to see if it asks me to remove the entry. Nope; doesn't ask. I do have "Windows Installer Clean Up" installed, but the program I'm trying to remove is not listed. So how can I remove the item from "Add/Remove Programs"? FYI the app is "SatScape", and I'm running XP Pro.

scancode:
I'm trying to remove an item in "Add/Remove Programs". When I click "remove" it says that such-and-such file cannot be found. Normally it would ask me if I would like to remove the entry from the "Add/Remove Programs" list, but this item doesn't do that. So I go to delete the item from "Program Files" and check back to see if it asks me to remove the entry. Nope; doesn't ask. I do have "Windows Installer Clean Up" installed, but the program I'm trying to remove is not listed. So how can I remove the item from "Add/Remove Programs"? FYI the app is "SatScape", and I'm running XP Pro.
-siouxdax (March 26, 2009, 09:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Download MyUninstaller by Nirsoft (43kb) http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html
It's faster than Add/Remove programs, and it has the feature you need.

siouxdax:
scancode: Fantastic! Very much appreciated!

Cheers!

lanux128:
any mention of MyUninstaller must be complemented by Safarp. :) another option is Revo Uninstaller, which i haven't tried..

bgd77:
I'm using Revo Uninstaller and I am satisfied with it. It's plus is that when you uninstall a program, you can tell it to scan the HDD and the registry and to remove the files/registry entries that belonged to that program but were not removed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version