ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anti-Necrospamming

<< < (4/12) > >>

justice:
other,
after submitting to an old thread, redirect to a confirmation page where you have to press button (or choose one from random 3). that way spammers can't update old threads but regular users can.

wraith808:
I like the dialog idea better than the redirect, and like *both* better than CAPTCHA.  I'd think that a dialog or a redirect would deter bots enough without the CAPTCHA.

J-Mac:
Something similar to the warning that appears if another post is made between when you started writing your reply and submitting it.

Jim

40hz:
How many "necro-spams" has the forum received lately? Any kind of hindrance to usability would be an over-reaction, IMO.
-nosh (March 27, 2009, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree.

Either our forum moderators :-*  are exceptionally good at getting rid of spam before most of us see it - or I'm going blind blind, because I haven't noticed all that many spam messages being posted.

Are we actually having a problem with this at DonationCoder? Mouser? Carol? JGP?

J-Mac:
How many "necro-spams" has the forum received lately? Any kind of hindrance to usability would be an over-reaction, IMO.
-nosh (March 27, 2009, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agree.

Either our forum moderators :-*  are exceptionally good at getting rid of spam before most of us see it - or I'm going blind blind, because I haven't noticed all that many spam messages being posted.

Are we actually having a problem with this at DonationCoder? Mouser? Carol? JGP?

-40hz (March 28, 2009, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

It seems to come in fits. I'll suddenly see five or six sneak in, then none for a while. Not really a big problem IMO.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version