ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

BBCeditor 1.1.35

<< < (17/51) > >>

J-Mac:
2J-Mac
I see your opinion better now. There was no recipient in your message and that is why I overreacted a little bit ;)

I agree with you with some parts of ranting (I've mentioned nVidia already)…
-fenixproductions (June 06, 2009, 11:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry about that. Actually I thought I had quoted Chris's post - guess I missed it.

I imagine the hotkey issue sounds weird to most - unless they have experienced it! I agree that the in-focus app should be in control, but I can tell you that is not always the case! It is maddening when you are working in one applications, use a hotkey that was defined for the program, and suddenly see a different program open and respond to the hotkey instead. And you didn't even know you had a hotkey available for that program!

Right after my last post I opened Tranglos's new app ActiveHotkeys and Autohotkey and decided try once again to learn AHK.  :)  Maybe I can fix some of these that way.

Jim

fenixproductions:
2J-Mac
I understand it completely because it happened to me few times too.

The strangest issue was with already mentioned nVidia. I am always switching off unnecessary garbage from my system tray in home PC but at office you've got preconfigured environment to work with and lot of apps you're not aware of. So it took me more than 15 minutes and physical screen rotation (hopefully: LCD) to figure out what happened. I was in the middle of writing and my whole screen rotated unexpected. I was wondering who, the hell, had thought it was "nice to have" feature ;)

J-Mac:
2J-Mac
I understand it completely because it happened to me few times too.

The strangest issue was with already mentioned nVidia. I am always switching off unnecessary garbage from my system tray in home PC but at office you've got preconfigured environment to work with and lot of apps you're not aware of. So it took me more than 15 minutes and physical screen rotation (hopefully: LCD) to figure out what happened. I was in the middle of writing and my whole screen rotated unexpected. I was wondering who, the hell, had thought it was "nice to have" feature ;)
-fenixproductions (June 07, 2009, 12:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same thing almost happened to me last week! I recently purchased an Acer monitor and while installing the driver that came with it four programs were also installed. One was a configuration app that was OK; E.g., it has an auto-brightness adjustment depending on the ambient lighting and whether or not the screen is mostly white or a darker screen. I can live with that one, but the others were not necessary at all. One is a screen rotator and when using a hotkey that I use often in TextAloud a dialog popped up asking if I was sure I wanted to rotate my screen orientation 90 degrees. Yikes! I removed that one.

Jim

cranioscopical:
Guys,

I believe the technical term for this issue is the hotkey hokey cokey.

:)

fenixproductions:
1.0.18 is ready :)

Most important change: "simple text" option for custom buttons!

Sample usage:

1. set your button like:

BBCeditor 1.1.35

2. get result:

BBCeditor 1.1.35

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version