ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

BBCeditor 1.1.35

<< < (16/51) > >>

cranioscopical:
2cranioscopical
Do I understand correctly that the only difference would be to not have [] added and/or allow skipping HTML code for it at all?

If yes, I could do it in next version :)
-fenixproductions (June 06, 2009, 09:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. that's all it would need. 

Thanks!

J-Mac:
Unfortunately I have to be very wary every time I use a keyboard shortcut. There are too damn many on my computer as it is. I love using the keyboard but this is getting crazy! No software installations overwrite existing software's hotkeys, Or the existing ones refuse to yield and then I can't use them in the new software... unless it has a way to change the hotkeys manually.

I never know what will happen when I press the hotkeys now. Grrrr.  !!

Jim

fenixproductions:
No software installations overwrite existing software's hotkeys, Or the existing ones refuse to yield and then I can't use them in the new software...-J-Mac
--- End quote ---

As far as I understand, BBCeditor does not overwrite "existing software's hotkeys". It has it's own set but you can tell the same about any other application in your system. I don't think there is easy way to check which shortcuts are occupied globally because there are too many "tricks" behind it: registry entries, Start menu keys, services, background applications with keyboard hooks or drivers. Do you really think I should check all possibilities and disable not suited combinations?

The only solution I can see is to make my set configurable but this is something I still have to learn and can't do right away.

That is why I assumed that common shortcuts (i.e. Ctrl+B) are safe enough to be used. I thought the same thing about combinations which exist in other editors (i.e. Ctl+Space in Visual Studio).

I never know what will happen when I press the hotkeys now. Grrrr.  !!-J-Mac
--- End quote ---
For BBCeditor: Help -> Shortcuts.

I've always thought that I should always expect that focused application keys have priority. If other application starts working while sitting in tray or background then it is its "fault". It is rather non-standard behaviour to be worried about hooks set by other applications. I.e. how can I predict that nVidia will take Alt+LeftArrow to rotate screen by 90 degrees or FARR will pop up? It is almost impossible to do.

I feel your criticism is undeserved because I simply did what I had thought would be the best: to follow other editors shortcuts as much as possible.

I will try to limit my keys a little bit (i.e. Ctrl+Space and Ctrl+Alt+Space for snippets only) but I don't really know how far should I go.

J-Mac:
I wasn't criticizing your program fenix. Just commenting in reply to Chris's post. I often can't use keyboard shortcuts because of the reasons I mentioned. If there is no other way to access a feature, I'm sometimes in trouble!

Jim

fenixproductions:
2J-Mac
I see your opinion better now. There was no recipient in your message and that is why I overreacted a little bit ;)

I agree with you with some parts of ranting (I've mentioned nVidia already)…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version