ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

why did i leave my previous employment, ah, now i remember (youtube vid).

(1/2) > >>

nudone:
i sometimes forget just how much i hated my old job. well, not the job so much - just one of the people that worked there.

this clip brought all those (un)happy memories flooding back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWkDQ3pgfXE

Darwin:
Not hard to see how this became your "old job", nudone! Tsk, tsk, nudone - we should not try to solve our problems with our fists  :eusa_naughty:. And the property damage :o

:P

nudone:
hmm, when i first watched that i empathised with the bloke jumping over the table, but now i think about it, i was probably more like the one getting hit by a keyboard.

Darwin:
hmm, when i first watched that i empathised with the bloke jumping over the table, but now i think about it, i was probably more like the one getting hit by a keyboard.
-nudone (March 25, 2009, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

You were the agent provocateur, or the person you couldn't stand was a jerk that beat on you?

Do tell!

nudone:
my old boss was like a psychotic version of David Brent (Ricky Gervais) from the Office (BBC tv comedy). if he was just like David Brent i could have tolerated his idiocy and annoying habits, but he wasn't that harmless.

to say we were all working in an office kind of environment (computer/network technicians in a school), he liked to behave like we were all on a building site, i.e. he thought he had to act 'hard' in front of everyone.

i had a bit of a bustup with him. i know i can act like an arse but i wasn't doing on that occasion - he was completely out of order, he tried to throw his weight around. anyway, he was the boss, it was his domain, nothing i could do except pretend nothing had happened - yet again. so i just decided i'd leave the job instead, which i did after a few weeks had passed.

everyone hated him. staff above him, staff below him. unfortunately, he doesn't have any real friends so no one has ever taken him asside and told him what a total prick he is. i wasn't the first person to walk out of the job (two more before me). the bloke that replaced me made a formal complaint about him - but then let it drop.

so, in the video, the boundaries are blurred. i just wish i had smashed an old CRT monitor over his head, i'm just too nice a guy though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version