ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Auto Set Low Priority Program for XP, etc...

(1/2) > >>

nowshining:
A program to set all apps, etc.. Automatically on Low Priority - like Process Tamer but would make the Program itself of Normal Priority and the Task Manager of Normal Priority - or both of those could be user configerable if possible... or an option to either AutoSet the priority low or manually per application not determined on CPU usage...as this program wouldn't be based on the CPU usage at all...either that or process tamer can be implemented with this...:) or both... :Thmbsup: 'cause I'd like to have all apps AutoSet to low priority except for a few - I am getting tired of manually messing with ProcessTamer to do it manually... I hope u guys get what I mean.. :P

f0dder:
Why bother with setting non-CPU-gobbling process priorities?

nowshining:
it keeps reources LOW and since all would equal being low priority = Faster Computer - Works great with PTamer - except I am getting tired of doing it manually...

f0dder:
it keeps reources LOW and since all would equal being low priority = Faster Computer - Works great with PTamer - except I am getting tired of doing it manually...-nowshining (March 22, 2009, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
If a program isn't using much CPU, changing it's priority is pretty meaningless - if a program sits idle in the background or is waiting for user I/O, it's not considered for scheduling, and thus doesn't fight other processes for the CPU. It really is only useful to adjust priority for CPU-gobbling applications :)

Deozaan:
I haven't used Process Tamer in a while, but I'm pretty sure you could accomplish this with it. Process Tamer has an option for making itself and Task Manager high priority.

Then just adjust the options so that anything above 1% or something will lower the process. Something like that ought to do it for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version