ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

TalkAboutShareware thread

<< < (4/6) > >>

rjbull:
Whew, what a futile firestorm from greedy people.  I suppose now I can see the suspicions.  It's certainly right to put the full license details on the front page - that's one of the good things about DoubleKiller, Jan put license and price details where you can see them before downloading.  So many shareware programs make you click the "Buy Now" link before you can see how much they cost.

I see Azzman got a free key from you, so that should show your "bona fides" to people who haven't been here.  Of course, maybe you'll get so many requests that you'll have to change the system...

mouser:
Of course, maybe you'll get so many requests that you'll have to change the system...
--- End quote ---

not a problem - there are very very few people who email and ask for this.

vrgrrl:
this is so interesting to me -- i've been friends with mouser for many, many years and he's just as honest and nice face-to-face as he is here on donationcoder. so i share nudone's enraged feeling and i can't think of a calm post to put on that forum. his zen approach to the situation makes me (even more) proud to be his friend!

Darwin:
WTF is wrong with these people? I hear what mouser is saying and would like to take his calm, rational approach, but I am appalled by the nit picking, posturing attitude that is evident on the thread. I am too pissed off to write anything over there that won't start a flame war (maybe this will, anyway). My membership at donationcoder is something that I am very proud of and I hate to see the whole thing being trashed by self-righteous, grasping people with nothing better to do than to sit around getting "angry" about semantic distinctions. Look at me ;) I'm sitting around getting angry about semantics... oops! The OP on that thread really likes F&RR and claims not to be averse to paying for software but is morally affronted by the lies and deceptions on this site? He can't get beyond his claustraphobic tunnel vision and make a 50 cent donation giving him the right to unlimited use of a program that he claims to do what he wants it to do. What a moron. And he's finding support for his position over there! Crap. There I go again. Time for my meds. Please excuse this diatribe. I am not very active here but donationcoder really, really resonates with me and has changed my perspective on a lot of things.

Shaking my head in disbelief and dismay.

tsaint:
Agree so much! I went to have a look and sort of wished I hadn't. It's really weird to see pple attacking someone like Mouser, even after his patient and non threatening explanations. Its made me angry for the day :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version