ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how to best keep track of your ebook page numbers

(1/2) > >>

brotherS:
Hi,

like not too many others, I'm reading *at least* a dozen books parallel - 4 pages here, 10 pages here, then 2 pages in yet another book. (None of which are fiction by the way.)

With regular (paper) books I can just use a physical bookmark, but for PDF files? Adobe Reader doesn't seem to have an option to open books where you closed them, are there other solutions out there?

Keeping track of page numbers in a txt file is cumbersome and not really the most elegant solution I can think of. If you ever faced this challenge, what did you do?

PS: no, my brain has no problems keeping track of the various content  8)

Deozaan:
This probably isn't any help, but I think if you own Adobe Acrobat (which is expensive) you can add bookmarks to PDF files.

nudone:
foxit reader has bookmarks - works depending on the pdf file, if it's protected or not (i think). if so, i bet there's a tool that unprotects pdf files.

brotherS:
Thank you both.

In the best of all worlds, the solution wouldn't be invasive, but I'll take a closer look at Foxit Reader now.

brotherS:
I'll use Foxit Reader for now to see how it works for me.

Should others want to try it: page 102 @ http://foxit.vo.llnwd.net/o28/pub/foxit/manual/enu/FoxitReader30_Manual.pdf is about bookmarks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version