ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Safari 4

(1/2) > >>

allen:
Safari 4 (beta) is now available bringing quite a few changes -- and it's supposedly the fastest thing out there (though Opera was left out of the comparison).  For windows users, it boasts a more native look (Personally, I hate the brushed metal look) and, like Chrome, has moved the tabs up to the title bar. (I'm not sure if Safari previously had the private browsing mode, but it does now--another Chrome inspiration?)  The font anti-aliasing is optional, you can now use native window font display and, apparently, there's a whole lot more.  http://www.apple.com/safari/whats-new.html

Darwin:
I forget where I read this, but Safari 3 was hacked within seconds at a recent security fair. The only browser left standing after a day was Chrome. Opera, IE, and Firefox didn’t last an hour, if memory serves...

FWIW, I’m on FF3. I like to live dangerously  ;D

allen:
I tend to bounce back and forth between Opera and Chrome alpha builds -- with stability being the governing factor. Chrome's developer tools have been hosed for weeks now, might be time to revert to a less bleeding edge version.

Darwin:
I suppose it’s time to revisit Opera and Chrome - haven’t used either in months.

Right, off to download now...

Off-topic: What is it that compels me to do this?! I’m happy enough with FF!

allen:
Software geeks.  Always trying something -- either to find something you like better or (more likely) to affirm your convictions that you already use the best out there ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version