ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Freeware Image Organizer (Especially Tags/Keywords)?

<< < (4/11) > >>

siouxdax:
Okay, so now that I have a clean slate and can begin tagging pics, I have one question. Should the tags be in all lowercase or uppercase, or title case? Or does it even matter?

rgdot:
Personally I have not seen or heard of special rules or conventions for tagging. I have always tagged using how the word itself is used naturally. Names capitalized, etc.

siouxdax:
rgdot: Yeah, I suppose that's a good rule of thumb. I'm such a dork about stuff like that.

tsaint:
Despite its age, I still prefer Exifer for tagging because of the straightforward, clear way it addresses IPTC and EXIF tagging (both individual and batch, with templates able to be used). It also does rotations and thumbnail fixing very easily.
(For edits I use a variety of stuff, for cataloging, I use IMatch (not free)).
tony

tomos:
Okay, so now that I have a clean slate and can begin tagging pics, I have one question. Should the tags be in all lowercase or uppercase, or title case? Or does it even matter?
-siouxdax (March 23, 2009, 03:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

does that mean you're sticking with iTag?

I havent used tagging much (except in Evernote FWIW) but it seems to me the most important thing is to be easily able to see the tags you have already created -
so as you dont start doing slight variations on a 'tag' which would defeat the purpose really

Also from that point of view, keep the tag words 'natural' as rgdot says

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version