ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

help me find a folder listing tool with an exclude criteria

<< < (2/2)

lanux128:
i haven't found what i was looking for, maybe an AHK script would be more apt.

consider this situation: let's say a lecturer is checking assignments due from his pupils. he has 'x' folders for each of the them. so they turn in their assignments by placing it in their respective folders. so on deadline day, the lecturer can run a program that loops through each of the folder and lists down folder that doesn't have the given file to see who hasn't met the deadline. additionally it'd be better if the returned list of folders can be copied to clipboard or exported into a txt or csv file.

the filenames are standard for each assignment but for the program, it's better if it can take wildcards or list of names like this:
hist*0910.doc
phi*0809.xls*
comp*|mech*.doc <- the pipe (|) being the delimiter

that's about it, i hope someone is up to the tasks.

cmpm:
What about 'Everything'?
If you go to specific folder then right click has 'Everthing' in it.
And will only search that folder.
Here's the exclude options.

lanux128:
'Everything' looks good but i think it only filters folders/files based on the keywords specified while i'm looking for filtering of the folder based on the filenames within that folder.

cmpm:
hm maybe acbrowser,
but most any file manager has it's search capabilities
it can search by filename but i don't see exclude

http://www.konradp.com/products/acbplus/free_index.htm?show_app=acbplus_free

lanux128:
but most any file manager has it's search capabilities
it can search by filename but i don't see exclude-cmpm (March 19, 2009, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

that's the problem, maybe i need to lobby some of the resident coders to take up this project.. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version