Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 28, 2014, 06:09:00 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [SOFTWARE]: Multiple Monitor Support Question  (Read 2620 times)
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 19, 2009, 05:01:53 PM »

I am looking for an application which allows, via hotkey, the ability to send the active window to the other monitor in a dual monitor setup. Preferrably freeware, but commercial software will not be turned down.

I have tried ultramon, but it gives me issues on vista with windows being forced "on top" with no apparent way to disable it. I have found myself having to uninstall this application for that very reason so I am looking for alternatives.

Any thoughts?

Strength in Knowledge
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 05:35:56 PM »

Try Multimon

It certainly seems to do just what you want.

Chris
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »

I was more hoping for a hotkey solution as I hate using the mouse. I use the mouse as little as possible. I will try this, none-the-less. Thanks smiley

Strength in Knowledge
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 08:09:40 PM »

I was more hoping for a hotkey solution as I hate using the mouse. I use the mouse as little as possible. I will try this, none-the-less. Thanks smiley

From the web page "You can now use Hot-Keys CTRL+SHIFT+arrow to move the current window left or right!"

Chris
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »

you can try Lexikos' WindowPad

;   QUICKER Monitor Switch:
;     Win+NumpadDot switches to the next monitor (1->2->3->1 etc.)
;     Win+NumpadDiv moves ALL windows to monitor 2.
;     Win+NumpadMult moves ALL windows to monitor 1.

or FreeSnap 1.5

When multiple monitors are detected, FreeSnap remaps the "Win+5" key to move the window from one monitor to the next.

PhilB66
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »

Have a look at MoveToMon & MaxMove scripts.

ZBar is similar to Multimon. You could move Windows to the next screen with a keyboard shortcut.
BigJim
Supporting Member

I have seen the light!

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 11:07:44 PM »

Then there's Display Fusion which will do what you want and a whole lot more!   Thmbsup

TruckerJim says "You can go down a hill too slow a thousand times. But too fast only once."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.05 ]