ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IE8 on the loose!

<< < (4/6) > >>

f0dder:
Hm, one thing is stuff in temporary internet files (afaik only IE and IE-based browsers use that) - but a strangely named exe file in your syswow64 folder? That sounds bad!

nite_monkey:
I don't know, it seems to put a virus in the temp folder and in the syswow64 folder. I've downgraded back to IE7, I'm going to stop using chrome for a while and use IE7 and see if the virus reappear. I may see if I can install xp x64 in a virtual machine and then put IE8 on that and see if I can get the same results.

foxnolds:
I installed IE8 on XP SP3, after install reboot, it just flashed a full white screen then dies.
Manually removed IE8 back to IE6 and rebooted. Tried to install IE8 again but after install reboot, the same happened.
IE Tab in Firefox still works so that is my only choice for accessing ActiveX sites now....

I have not seen a solution. I was running the IE8 Beta just fine on this PC before upgrading tot he official release.

J-Mac:
....I am still on FeeDemon 2.7.0.0 (last version without Ads).
-Darwin (March 20, 2009, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me too - and there I'll stay!!

After paying for another year and then having it go free, I am not also gonna get their damn ads!!   8)

Jim

Darwin:
....I am still on FeeDemon 2.7.0.0 (last version without Ads).
-Darwin (March 20, 2009, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me too - and there I'll stay!!

After paying for another year and then having it go free, I am not also gonna get their damn ads!!   8)

Jim
-J-Mac (March 24, 2009, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version