ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Frustration with User Feedback

(1/7) > >>

wraith808:
... or lack thereof. :(

I've posted quite a few apps- all free- and have gotten very little feedback, especially on the more complicated ones.  I wrote a portable application wrapper most recently, and have *tons* of downloads (it's a good thing it's small and I don't have a lot of traffic to my sites since it spiked my bandwidth), but have had *zero* feedback. 

I do a lot of testing to my apps, and am somewhat of a perfectionist, especially since I do this to try out new techniques to keep myself on the edge professionally, so I know they're of good quality, but they aren't *perfect*, and getting no complaints about *anything* is very disheartening and frustrating.

I've thought of making them postcardware or commentware or donationware and putting nags in just to get *some* sort of feedback, but I'm not in this for the money or anything like that, or to force people to say anything.  It would just be nice if they did.

What are others' thoughts/experiences on this?

TucknDar:
Out of curiosity, what's the address to your website? Where can I take a look at your apps?

wraith808:
All of my apps have been posted on DonationCoder.com.  I'm going to get them into a more centralized location on my site, but I haven't done it yet.  :-[

justice:
Put them in your sig right now that will help point people throughout all the 270 posts you have made on this forum to find your discussion threads. i can't comment on the feedback if I can't find your apps  :Thmbsup:

brotherS:
I've thought of making them postcardware or commentware or donationware and putting nags in just to get *some* sort of feedback, but I'm not in this for the money or anything like that, or to force people to say anything.  It would just be nice if they did.
-wraith808 (March 18, 2009, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes. If you want feedback, ask actively for it!

Make it commentware, ask for feedback on your homepage, put a PLEASE EMAIL ME.txt (explaining the why and how) in the archive, etc., etc. ...

Getting frustrated won't change their behaviour. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version