ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Eight FARR Plugins Are Failing on DCUpdater

(1/2) > >>

J-Mac:
mouser,

The same eight FARR plugins have been showing as "Get Update Failed" in the Status column of DcUpdater for the last several weeks:

1 Character Table
2 Console
3 Definr
4 Dicts-Thesaurus
5 G-Cal quicadd
6 Google Translator
7 Pop Quotes
8 Timer

You might want to look into this as there has been more than one FARR update since this started, and these plugins might not be working well.

Jim

Deozaan:
That's because they've all been moved into one nice convenient package.

CZB Package

J-Mac:

CZB Package
-Deozaan (March 18, 2009, 12:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well that's nice, but how was I to know?  :huh:   I have come to rely on DCUpdater to update FARR and all of its plugins. It never offered such a package. And I never noticed that they were "replaced" by that. Hopefully it has not become a requirement to scour the forum for such changes?

Thank you.

Jim

J-Mac:
On second thought, can I just remove the plugins that aren't updated anymore? I don't think I want to hunt for the updates.

Thanks!

Jim

Deozaan:

CZB Package
-Deozaan (March 18, 2009, 12:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well that's nice, but how was I to know?
-J-Mac (March 18, 2009, 12:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's something I had to figure out for myself. I noticed they were all CZB's FARR plugins that were broken and remembered about his NANY submission, so I was able to find it.

I suppose you could also have right clicked them in DcUpdater and selected "Visit package website" to look for updates/fixes.

I'm not so sure on how FARR plugins usually work, but I think I had to manually remove all of CZB's plugins (or at least their .dcupdate files) so that the CZB Package wouldn't interfere with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version