ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Monitor Program's Creation of Files/Folders and Registry Entries

(1/2) > >>

AtomFury:
Hello all, I'm AtomFury and I need some help.

What I have in mind here is a little program that will monitor whatever a program (selected by .exe) creates, like any files or folders or registry entries. I know Tiny Watcher will monitor all system processes and will tell you what any of those processes might have changed but I'm looking for something that is (hopefully) more simplified and will be more specific by just monitoring one program that you have selected (before it runs) and then it creates a little .txt with a log of what folders/files/registry entries it made.

My intentions for this program are to use those results in a batch file which will delete the findings.

I apologize if this is too ambitious for a DonationCoder Coding Snack, but I appreciate any help  :D.

MilesAhead:
Not exactly a monitor but if you have 32 bit win2k windows 2003 XP or Vista you can use Sandboxie

You run the application "sandboxed" and any changes made to the registry or other files will be inside the sandbox folder.  Unfortunately Sandboxie won't work in 64 bit.

f0dder:
Sysinternals' Process Monitor can do quite comprehensive logging. In fact, it's so comprehensive you have to set up filters in order not to be completely swamped with the log :)

AtomFury:
I've heard of Sandboxie before but I'm afraid it's not what I'm looking for. Thanks anyways though  :).

Haven't heard of Process Monitor before but I'll try it. Thanks f0dder :).

f0dder:
If you haven't heard of ProcMon until now, you should probably take a look at the rest of the sysinternals tools - there's a lot of goodstuff there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version