ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: explorer.exe auto-restarter

<< < (2/3) > >>

skywalka:
Maybe it's a run command or something?  I'd like 2 know more also.

I actually know a little bit about this!  When U kill the main Explorer thread, U can type "explorer" in the "File - New Task (Run)" menu on the Task Manager.  But if there is a "file browser" version of Explorer open 4 some idiotic reason Windows opens yet another "file browser" version.  Which is quite useless.  If you kill all other explorer threads also then you can restart the main system tray thread.

I haven't wasted my time going 2 the Microsoft website looking 4 help on this.  I'm sure the response would just be "Micorsoft have confirmed this to be a problem with Windows".  They certainly have a poor commitment 2 their paying customers.

Carol Haynes:
Open a DOS window, put it in a batch file or Start>RUN

skywalka:
OK.  Thanx.

What is TSKILL?

Carol Haynes:
Terminal Services KILL - it is part of WindowsXP

Goto Start > Help and Support Centre and type TSKILL in the search box to get the full set of options available.

At the bottom you will see a link to "Related Topics" if click it pops up a menu with "Command Line Reference A-Z" which will give you all the possible command line programmes supplied as standard with Windows XP and their full syntax.

PhilKC:
TSKILL link:

http://bluescreenofdeath.co.uk/Programs/TSKILL.exe

<3 My new domain

Put it in system32 and it should be runnable from the command promt...

PhilKC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version