ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bookmarks, I am frustrated

<< < (3/7) > >>

kartal:
Probably what I need is an application that can open, manage and organize .mht files. Because I can save .mht inside FF. I really do not see any other viable application really. The applications either have their own database formats or they offer no syncing. On the other hand mht files contain the whole site and can be synced individually. Though this would only take care of scraping not bookmarking.

rjbull:
- integrates with wsa which can work as a bookmark manager of sorts
-iphigenie (March 17, 2009, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you mean wsw there?  When I try WSW as a bookmark manager it tends to report "too many bookmarks!"  I use LinkStash for that.

I just wish there was a way to get multiple pages as it can get quite repetitive if you want to save, say, 7 pages

--- End quote ---

Some download managers have features for grabbing whole sites, or presumably parts of sites starting from where you tell them - IDM certainly does, and I think FDM does, though I haven't tried it.

Lashiec:
I wanted to try the free version but it looks like it tries install to some other programs which I have not liked it, so gave up on that one. And you cannot try the pro version so it is useless for me.
-kartal (March 17, 2009, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Huh? What kind of other programs does it try to install? The PRO version comes in the same installer as the Free one, just choose to try the PRO version during installation.

aignes:
I wanted to try the free version but it looks like it tries install to some other programs which I have not liked it, so gave up on that one. And you cannot try the pro version so it is useless for me.
-kartal (March 17, 2009, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, which programs does it install?

If you use the original setup (eg. from www.aignes.com), then no additional programs are installed. Neither for the free edition nor for the PRO edition...

cmpm:
I guess I don't understand the request.

Seems you could put Firefox on your server and save pages with firefox as you require. Using Firefox from your server on any machine hooked to it.

Or have a central folder on your server for saved pages using any program or plugin you like. Saving to a network places folder or some folder in firefox.

Weave is coming out soon though it is not ready, waiting for the newer versions of firefox. But that's using their servers I'm sure. Foxmarks works fine for me, being able to set my bookmark structure in any fashion I like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version