ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bookmarks, I am frustrated

(1/7) > >>

kartal:
Hi guys

I have been looking for a decent shared bookmarking and web scraping solutions for a while. I have checked out scrapbook, webresearch, linkman etc. None of them does what I want. What I want is an application that

-can save webpages
-does not use proprierty format
-does not use special database. I want flat file system so it is easier to sync. I hate syncing 100 mb database file back and forth couple times a day.

Scrapbook
 This is a great application-addon that does what I want very closely however it has problems with files synced over the network. When I sync scrapbook folders I need to restart FF, it does not refresh the database automatically which really sucks because it really has everything I need.

Webresearch
 This is a great program but it is using proprierty  database format and provided syncing solution can only work if you sync the database across computers then manual operation. Basically first you sync(via another program) the database outside this application then you need to manually sync inside the application, whcih can get very confusing along the way.

I hate online solutions so I will never use them. I like to take care of my own stuff on my own computers on my servers. So no online social bookmarking-online scraping solutions are any good for me.

Any suggestions, ideas?

rgdot:
Canaware NetNotes comes close to your requirements

kartal:
It does not work on my system :( It crashes during startup

cmpm:
Have you tried or heard of this?

WebSiteZip Packer

http://www.spadixbd.com/wsz/

rjbull:
The obvious program for saving Web pages is Local Website Archive. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version