topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Any The Bat! experts out there to help me with templates?  (Read 5718 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have so many questions about the use of templates in The Bat!  I'd really appreciate if someone here can help me figure it all out.

I know The Bat has their own forums and mailing list, but frankly, they are not that helpful.  It's not that there isn't a lot of information there, I'm sure it's all there, but finding it is so hard.  And I personally prefer the help of the people here instead because you always tend to be very clear and informative.  Thanks!

Questions:
How can i create Common templates to be shared across accounts?  I see checkboxes and sections for it in the program, but they don't work the way i'm assuming they work, so i must be misunderstanding something.

How to create signatures?

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Any The Bat! experts out there to help me with templates?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:11 AM »
How can i create Common templates to be shared across accounts?  I see checkboxes and sections for it in the program, but they don't work the way I'm assuming they work, so i must be misunderstanding something.
-superboyac
1. Go to: Options -> Templates
2. Create new one such as:
Welcome!
------------

%Cursor

--
With regards:
%FROMNAME
%FROMADDR

3. on Options page select: "Share with other accounts" and "Available fornew messages".
4. ...
5. Create new message,
6. in editor go to: Addons -> Insert -> Template
7. You will see your template there.

I think you misunderstood "templates" as I did: thinking that they are meant for whole messages. It appears they are more snippets-like.
Only general templates (in Account Settings or Address Book) work as standard templates but they are limited to one per account's message type.

How to create signatures?
-superboyac

I couldn't manage (honestly: wasn't looking too long) other way than creating templates for it. Also: do not forget to set proper delimiter for your signatures (--\r\n). People often do so.