Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 17, 2014, 10:03:53 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rainmeter may be on the move again. Can I ask for your Help?  (Read 2904 times)
sgtevmckay
Supporting Member

Magis Esse

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 15, 2009, 04:14:40 PM »

Hello folks

I know that there are as about as many suggestions on different metering software, as there are users.

Of all that are available (Avdesk, Samurize, etc).
I use Rainmeter.

After trying numerous others, I just like the options and the programability of the software.

Rainmeter has almost died (in my opinion), but I still use it.

Well apparently Rainy has released Rainmeter to the general Public about a month ago and is looking for volunteer programmers.
More info From The Rainlenar Forum - Re:Development (Don't let Rainmeter die!)

I now use Windows Vista (almost exclusively), and would like to see this software grow.
The latest works to Rainmeter are now being run through Google Code (unfortunately)
the Rainmeter Google Code section can be found here.

There is finally a new Rainmeter Beta (Alpha?) download as well

Since I am no programmer, I am sorry to say that I feel very inadequate to take up the flag on this most excellent and proven software.

I am tossing this into our forum's hat to see if someone, or many, would take on updating Rainmeter to Vista OS compliance and then expanding the software, base.

Trust me when I say; "If you build it they will come", as there is a large community of skinners and customizers (like myself), just waiting for the really good folks with the programming brains to come along and help fix this slightly outdated software package.

The code is publicly available and can be downloaded from The Rainmeter old site

This is my plea, and I hope that there are those with the time to help make Rainmeter great again.

On a personal note I am looking to have Rainmeter kick the shorts of Samurize.

Thanks in advance
SGT. E. V. McKay
dragonmage
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 02:29:14 PM »

Well, it's definitely on the move now! smiley
sgtevmckay
Supporting Member

Magis Esse

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 04:08:30 PM »

Apparently one of the other new Rainmeter Forum Administrators has tracked me down here:
He is ratting on me, because I am also (supposed to be) working on the CircleDock tutorial as well.

J.M. , you could have at least dropped the rest of the information to the folks here.  tongue

I was going to wait and make an announcement her at DC, once there was a full version release.
Here is the post release that I have worked up for other sites.

Click below for the full release information:

As one of the new site Administrators, and a Forum Moderator (among other things), I apologize to the DC community for not making this publication sooner. It was my intent to list this as a new product at the next stable release.
But do not hesitate, the Rainmeter community is in full swing, and all are welcome.

My sincerest apologies and regards to my fellow DC'ers
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 05:15:54 PM »

Congratulations on all the progress you guys have made  thumbs up

When you are ready, I think a nice thing to do might be to post a mini-review of Rainmeter and tell us all the things about it you like.
sgtevmckay
Supporting Member

Magis Esse

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »

Thanks you sir

Absolutely on the review! I have started one, but I am waiting patiently and developing and adjusting an article for DC, as progress is made. I have no idea when the next stable release will be made, but you better believe DC will have me right there on top of it, and giving DC'ers the play by play.

Thanks for the Congrats, it has been fun, exciting, and full of anxiety, but I have no complaints. Just look at what we have done in less that 30 days, and we are not done yet!
I feel greatly accomplished.
Not bad for a guy a couple of weeks outside of knee surgery and delirious on painkillers, a guy part time out of New Zealand, and a South Carolina fanatic. The forum is growing daily and the response and input is excellent. I can tell that "Raineers" have needed a home for some time.

As a note for you folks here though; there is an untested release about once every few weeks, and you are all welcome to come and try it out, we even have a Beta Testers forum to help cover the latest releases. So far so good, but Rainmeter has a long way to go. It has been 3? 4? years in absenteeism, and the dev guys are catching up as fast as they can.

If any one has any questions, I am easy enough to find here, and at the new Rainmeter forum.

Thanks again
EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 07:21:13 PM »

Never heard of this before. Must say it has made a very good first impression. Time to explore it more smiley

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
dragonmage
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 07:54:32 PM »

That's  North Carolina, not South tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.18 ]