ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

alternatives for PDF

<< < (2/2)

fenixproductions:
I use Foxit and I like that it loads much faster than Adobe and I really like the Firefox plugin.-bgd77 (March 14, 2009, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

AFAIR PDFX has it too. Last time I've installed it, I have been asked do I want it (not really;).

I was using Foxit for a while until I got annoyed enough with their default toolbar. I can't tell which versions but from time to time, with new updates, it is impossible for me to save viewer's layout and after each start I have to switch off all button bars. Not to mention that it's impossible to turn them off from IE*.

Another thing is that they know that Foxit has problems with searching for national characters (Polish). Once again: from time to time, depends on version.

It looked for me like they can't fix one bug and not to unleash old one once again. After that I've decided to use PDFX and... I am happy with it for two months now.

*) Yes, I need that because I am using IEView plugin within my Total Commander installation.

bgd77:
The portable version of Foxit does not install any toolbar and the plugin is optional, it appears when you check for updates. I'll try PDFX and see the results...

fenixproductions:
2bgd77
My fault, bad words. What I meant as "toolbar" is: Foxit Reader's buttons bar (right below menu).

One more thing: I had installed latest Foxit yesterday and quickly removed it. For each run I had multiple flying dialogs with buttons and no possibility to disable them! The only thing I could do was to move them below menu bar and accept that they will be always shown there.

That is wrong!alternatives for PDF

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version