ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9 Questions

<< < (2/2)

hpearce:
DOPUS has a lot of options. it is a bit overwhelming at first..  Read the PDF help and review the settings until you understand them.

ganrad:
I use DOPUS for the past 3 years. Never knew this ALT+Dbl Left click existed.
Thanks

How about getting dopus to display only files that were "lastr modified" today..., yesterday...., this week etc. right from toolbar

J-Mac:
I use DOPUS for the past 3 years. Never knew this ALT+Dbl Left click existed.
Thanks

How about getting dopus to display only files that were "lastr modified" today..., yesterday...., this week etc. right from toolbar
-ganrad (March 14, 2009, 10:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know that this can be done using File Collections and Saved Searches. Basically you create a search using the Find feature and have the results configured to show in a File Collection instead of the Output dialog. I haven't tried it in a while but I see no reason why it cannot still be done.

Jim

mwang:
Using saved searches is the only way I know, too. Then of course you could assign saved searches to toolbar buttons. DO9 allows you to filter file lists by name in place, but not by dates. The main difference would be the result of a saved search is presented as a "collection", with the display "style" associated with the collection, not your regular folder display style (such as columns shown and their order, column widths, etc.).

I usually just let it sort by date in descending order (when checking my linux server /var/log directory, e.g.). It would be great if DO chould take a page from Explorer and implement the grouping feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version