topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Directory Opus 9 Questions  (Read 7878 times)

redstarnyc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Directory Opus 9 Questions
« on: March 14, 2009, 10:20 AM »
I just bought DO9 after reading about it on here, but I'm having some trouble I was hoping someone could help me out here.

I want to have DO9 open, double click on a folder and have it open in a new tab in the current window.  Right now when I do it the current view is replaced by the folder I double clicked on.

I'm sure this is a simple thing, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Also, does anyone know a way to move the tab bar to the top of the window instead of the bottom.

I won't even get into the hotkey thing... I'm addicted to autohotkey and I'm not in love with having to use the mouse so much with this program.

Please excuse any ignorance my questions may have displayed and thanks in advance to any and all who respond to my newbie questions.
RedstarNYC

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Directory Opus 9 Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:24 AM »
Try the Directory Opus User Resource Centre - I'm sure you're right and it'll be easily accomplished, but off-hand I don't know. The Resource Centre is amazing and they'll sort you out  :Thmbsup:

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Changing the tab is no biggie.
1. Open the preferences
2. Goto 'Listers'
3. Select there 'Folder Tabs'
4. There you find an option 'Display Folder Tabs at the top'
5. Enable that check box and you're done
6. Profit !!!

:)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:14 AM by Shades »

mwang

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 12:03 PM »
I want to have DO9 open, double click on a folder and have it open in a new tab in the current window.
Go to [Settings] [File Type ... ], double click [All Folders] on the pop-up window, which should bring up another pop-up to customize "All folders" settings. On the [File Type] tab, click the [Events] tab (2nd from left) in the middle of the page (the lower half of the tab), and you'll see the settings associated with various mouse events. Copy the one for "Left double-click + Alt" to "Left double-click" (i.e. "go newtab"). That's it.

redstarnyc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 01:23 PM »
Thanks so much.  Yet another problem solved by the big brains at DC! :Thmbsup:
RedstarNYC

hpearce

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 05:24 PM »
DOPUS has a lot of options. it is a bit overwhelming at first..  Read the PDF help and review the settings until you understand them.
Windows 7 SP1 (TM) Home Premium 64-bit .. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHz / 2.27 GHz .. 4GB RAM .. NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS .. Gateway P-7805u FX

ganrad

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 10:55 PM »
I use DOPUS for the past 3 years. Never knew this ALT+Dbl Left click existed.
Thanks

How about getting dopus to display only files that were "lastr modified" today..., yesterday...., this week etc. right from toolbar

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 02:08 PM »
I use DOPUS for the past 3 years. Never knew this ALT+Dbl Left click existed.
Thanks

How about getting dopus to display only files that were "lastr modified" today..., yesterday...., this week etc. right from toolbar

I know that this can be done using File Collections and Saved Searches. Basically you create a search using the Find feature and have the results configured to show in a File Collection instead of the Output dialog. I haven't tried it in a while but I see no reason why it cannot still be done.

Jim

mwang

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 03:18 AM »
Using saved searches is the only way I know, too. Then of course you could assign saved searches to toolbar buttons. DO9 allows you to filter file lists by name in place, but not by dates. The main difference would be the result of a saved search is presented as a "collection", with the display "style" associated with the collection, not your regular folder display style (such as columns shown and their order, column widths, etc.).

I usually just let it sort by date in descending order (when checking my linux server /var/log directory, e.g.). It would be great if DO chould take a page from Explorer and implement the grouping feature.