ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 9 Questions

(1/2) > >>

redstarnyc:
I just bought DO9 after reading about it on here, but I'm having some trouble I was hoping someone could help me out here.

I want to have DO9 open, double click on a folder and have it open in a new tab in the current window.  Right now when I do it the current view is replaced by the folder I double clicked on.

I'm sure this is a simple thing, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Also, does anyone know a way to move the tab bar to the top of the window instead of the bottom.

I won't even get into the hotkey thing... I'm addicted to autohotkey and I'm not in love with having to use the mouse so much with this program.

Please excuse any ignorance my questions may have displayed and thanks in advance to any and all who respond to my newbie questions.

Darwin:
Try the Directory Opus User Resource Centre - I'm sure you're right and it'll be easily accomplished, but off-hand I don't know. The Resource Centre is amazing and they'll sort you out  :Thmbsup:

Shades:
Changing the tab is no biggie.
1. Open the preferences
2. Goto 'Listers'
3. Select there 'Folder Tabs'
4. There you find an option 'Display Folder Tabs at the top'
5. Enable that check box and you're done
6. Profit !!!

:)

mwang:
I want to have DO9 open, double click on a folder and have it open in a new tab in the current window.
-redstarnyc (March 14, 2009, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Go to [Settings] [File Type ... ], double click [All Folders] on the pop-up window, which should bring up another pop-up to customize "All folders" settings. On the [File Type] tab, click the [Events] tab (2nd from left) in the middle of the page (the lower half of the tab), and you'll see the settings associated with various mouse events. Copy the one for "Left double-click + Alt" to "Left double-click" (i.e. "go newtab"). That's it.

redstarnyc:
Thanks so much.  Yet another problem solved by the big brains at DC! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version