ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the proper way (etiquette) of replying to emails?

<< < (2/2)

superboyac:
Thanks Jim, that was informative.  To be honest, the reason I asked in the first place was due to the way The Bat handles signatures.  I've already started another thread about that.  i've gone thread crazy today!

IainB:
There's a very detailed post I made about email etiquette/netiquette and the reasons behind it (e.g., the effect of email behaviours on network resources and mailservers). It's not just about "good manners". Might be too detailed for your needs though.
Hope this is of some use/help.

URL is here: email etiquette

J-Mac:
There's a very detailed post I made about email etiquette/netiquette and the reasons behind it (e.g., the effect of email behaviours on network resources and mailservers). It's not just about "good manners". Might be too detailed for your needs though.
Hope this is of some use/help.

URL is here: email etiquette
-IainB (March 16, 2009, 01:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very nice article, Iain!

About all else that I can add is to use proper language - or at least language that fits the recipient and the company - along with punctuation, grammar, spelling, etc. I am not trying to be pedantic about language but email is not a text message, and a business message should not sound like the kind you may send to your close friends with the latest internet abbreviations/acronyms and the like.

Thanks!

Jim

IainB:
@AJ-Mac: Thanks for your kind comment, but, as stated on the post, "This material has been consolidated from sound policy advice provided by major computer companies."

The reason I posted it was that it helped answer a general query that I had been hearing from several clients, and it saved me the breath/time of repeating things. Instead, I just direct people towards the post. It was the most comprehensive response that I could come up with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version