ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Has anyone had experience buying from www.buy.com ? Is it reliable ?

<< < (2/4) > >>

mrainey:
I've never had a problem, been buying from them off and on for seven or eight years.

cyberdiva:
I've made only one purchase from buy.com, and that was a while ago.  I had no problem with it.  Like kartal, I've had the best (and most extensive) experience with amazon.com in terms of price, quickness of shipment (even the free shipment), reliability, and ease of returns.  I've also had good experience with the dealers amazon lists on its site.

kartal:
That was not the experience I and some others who complained about on reseller ratings website. I think they deliberately enabled the hidden membership which cost me over 80$ over a year(though I cannot remember exactly it has been over 5 years). Why would I have subscribed to a golf club membership while I truely hate golf or similar sports.

You have to be careful, on the checkout pages they sometimes have offers you can signup for, but I don't think any are selected by default.

-MrCrispy (March 14, 2009, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
I've never had a problem with Buy.com, and I've bought several things from them.  I've never purchased software from them, but video cards, bags, flash memory, and other things.

y0himba:
I purchased from Buy.com 1 time only.  We purchased an LCD HDTV with a promised $150 rebate.  They never honored the rebate, and it has been about 3 years.  They stated the the company who offered the rebate went out of business, which was not the case.  They also stated that they were pursuing legal action, again, not the case.  No rebate for hundreds of folks who bought the same television.

They are among the lowest of the low as you will see if you Google them, seeing the shear number of complaints and rip offs.  In my opinion, do not order from them.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q5=buy.com&Search=Search&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!

Here is a case similar to mine, I had except mine was 1 year earlier(2006).  Same TV and company that did not go out of business:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/253/RipOff0253092.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version