ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Has anyone had experience buying from www.buy.com ? Is it reliable ?

(1/4) > >>

patteo:
I'm thinking of buying a software package from www.buy.com ?

It is a boxed version and thus cannot be downloaded.

The price on it is significantly lower than elsewhere as there's a promotion on it.

I was just wondering if www.buy.com is a reliable vendor as I have never bought from it before ?

Cloq:
Resellerratings for Buy.com

Click here

mwb1100:
I've bought from buy.com, but it's been a while - at least more than a year (my tech purchases are usually from newegg now).  I never had a problem.

A quick look at the reseller ratings link posted by Cloq makes me think they may have gone a bit downhill over the years.

kartal:
I once bought stuff from Buy.com and  during one of the transactions there was a hidden membership payment which we had paid over a year without knowing it. Probably what happened is that they embedded one of these memberships during payment and made it very unobvious. Since then I have never bought anything from them.

I would say be careful with them. It looks like their ratings are hitting bottom at the moment.

In my opinion the best online experience shopping experience is provided by Amazon. I have been buying stuff from them for quite sometime and never ever had any problem with them. Also the reurn process is really easy and painless.

MrCrispy:
I have bought from buy.com many times without any problems. You have to be careful, on the checkout pages they sometimes have offers you can signup for, but I don't think any are selected by default.

They do have good prices from time to time and good shipping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version