ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Dc Member Blog Idea - Feedback Requested

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
I think revisiting this idea might be a better one...and members could post direct to their page through their personal area...and the posts from these individual blogs not already appearing as regular forum posts (placed in a special member blog section of forum, instead) could optionally be combined (if the member opts in) to a big blog page of member posts, separate from the main DC blog
--- End quote ---

that's an intriguing idea.. choices choices.

Lutz_:
A few directions regarding the type of the desired content likely would be helpful???

mouser:
Lutz, that's a good question -- but mainly the idea is to leave it up to the group to come to some consensus about the scope of the blog.. i'd guess that much of the content would be about software, but not all.  It can reflect individual interestes, as long as no one is trying to use it as a marketing gimick.

Back to the issue of whether we should host it as a separate wordpress blog vs. adding it to the forum system, here are two existing blogging addons for the simple machines forum software (and then there is also my own homebrew system):

* http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=793
* http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1209

app103:
I still like the idea of your blog mod and giving everyone their own blog page, which can be combined to create a members mega-blog (or have editors that can pick & choose posts for it), as well as act as mini-websites for coding snacks authors where they can display all the threads about their applications.

I believe this is the perfect extension of user profiles.

mahesh2k:
I still like the idea of your blog mod and giving everyone their own blog page, which can be combined to create a members mega-blog
--- End quote ---

There is separate edition for this by wordpress as "buddypress" but that will not be a good in terms of looks and structure. Maybe Blog like "Performancing" could do the job(Drupal used). I think if it works like Planet DC or something that aggregates content from multiple user/day could be better.

Back to the issue of whether we should host it as a separate wordpress blog vs. adding it to the forum
--- End quote ---
Let's keep forum content separate or that will make whole experience stale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version