ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: make folder set out of a txt file

<< < (9/16) > >>

mouser:
I like mandolin's idea of supporting tabs to create subfolders.

mandolin:
I like mandolin's idea of supporting tabs to create subfolders.
-mouser (October 25, 2012, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks.
I think , when I want to quickly build a tree folder structure from a text, the most efficient way is using the tabs(or blanks).

milo77:
I love this program. Simple and effective, thank you Skwire!!
Nobody has pointed out the delight I discovered. Case scenario:
As a photographer, I had an old memory card that had files in numerical order as in 123-123-123. I dumped the contents into a single folder that already contained some folders in a numerical structure. I was concerned about overwrites of existing folders with the exact same folder name. Example: TXT file created included folders 23, 24, 25. So did the target directory, and those folders contained images;many. Here's the beauty of Text2Folder. It simply created the folders and kept the existing contents intact without ever asking if folders need to be replaced etc...Wonderful!!! Meaning I did not need to concern myself with redundant folder names! You sir are a photographers best friend! Thank you, you rock!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

skwire:
I love this program. Simple and effective, thank you Skwire!!-milo77 (July 06, 2013, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are very welcome and thanks for taking the time to join DonationCoder.  Based on what you said about copying/moving photos into various destination folders, you might want to take a look at another one of my applications called File Punter.

pauly365:
A very helpful program for me.
But - as you can see from the attached documents - I have a problem with German umlauts. Is this the result of your program or my Windows 8.1 settings?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version