ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: TimeZone [Update version 1.4.2]

<< < (26/45) > >>

TucknDar:
As I told you per mail, Perry, it works for my crazy Norwegian language as well now :)

Perry Mowbray:
TimeZone has just been updated to 1.3.2 and it now supports any TimeZone language and the number of Favourites has been increased to 50 (let me know if you need more than this  :P)

:Thmbsup: Thanks to TucknDar and IainB for their testing

IainB:
@Perry Mowbray: I can confirm that dcupdater picked up and installed TZ v1.3.2 OK just now.
Only one small snag: After the TZ update was installed, FARR crashed, but I restarted FARR and the new TZ was identified by my Zone Alarm and all is working fine.

FARR and the updated TZ are still working fine on my laptop (Windows XP).
Thanks again.             :Thmbsup:

Perry Mowbray:
Well, I hope that wasn't my fault IainB!  :o

and if TaD don't change too much too soon, all should be fine for a while  :)

IainB:
@Perry Mowbray: More feedback on the FARR TimeZone plugin.   :Thmbsup:

1. Why it crashed on update: (as per post above)
I had put the TimeZone plugin into a folder called "FARRTimeZone".
When you got DcUpdater to install/update the TimeZone plugin, you had it set so that it put it into a folder called "TimeZone".
I think that got FARR trying to update and run 2 instances of the TimeZone plugin. Result = FARR crashed and when I restarted it, TimeZone was all "wrong" (it had lost my settings).

My fix for this:
    (a) Delete the folder called "TimeZone" (which contained the TimeZone default settings from DcUpdater's latest update).
    (b) Rename folder "FARRTimeZone" to "TimeZone" (this folder contained my personal TimeZone settings).
    (c) Restart DcUpdater, which installed the TimeZone update into the "TimeZone" folder and preserved my settings.
Here is a picture of the folders in my FARR Plugins directory after this:

2. You've done a better job than Google!      ;D
Today, I was playing about with the Google-developed Google Desktop clock gadget called "Time Around the World" (which looked quite nice).
Guess what? It gets the time wrong (and it's not easily fixable by the user).
I would hazard a guess that at least one problem with that is in it not being able to account for "local time" for me being New Zealand Summer Time (1 hour difference).

Kudos to Perry Mowbray.     :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version