ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: TimeZone [Update version 1.4.2]

<< < (25/45) > >>

TucknDar:
For some reason all cities show the current time from my own timezone... Happens with both 1.2.2 and 1.3 using latest FARR on XP sp3
-TucknDar (January 29, 2010, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is this new?

Can you attach you log file for me (from \FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\FARRTimeZone\Data\log.txt)? It's going to be a language thing  :(

If you hurry... I'm about to release an updated settings programme that will handle any number of Favourites.
-Perry Mowbray (January 29, 2010, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure if it's new, but I suspect it is. You see I haven't really used TZ in a while, so just let DCU do its thing with updates... Anyway, this happens with a freshly downloaded TZ as well. May have something to do with my computers's time settings? Log is attached

Perry Mowbray:
You know, if everyone spoke English there wouldn't be any of these problems... there'd also be no interesting languages... ;)

Nothing to do with you computer, it's what timeanddate.com is dishing up to you and TZ's inability to interpret other languages.

good news is I've got TZ going back to language school for some intensive training... shouldn't be too long  :)

Perry Mowbray:
For some reason all cities show the current time from my own timezone... Happens with both 1.2.2 and 1.3 using latest FARR on XP sp3
-TucknDar (January 29, 2010, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

At some stage TimeAndDate.com started detecting your language and setting their language to suit. Didn't realize till I started investigating your problem: but I'm surprised that there has not been more issues (maybe all users are English speakers?).

Can you please try version 1.3.1: timezone.zip (679.64 kB - downloaded 422 times.)

I'm pretty sure that I've solved that problem. I've been downloading in all sorts of interesting languages without problems (I've actually almost posted two previous fixes for this, but I kept figuring out better alternatives... now it should be fully automatic).

This version also removes the 5 Favourite limit, it's now flexible up to 50... so you can almost have as many as you like!!

Can you please test this version and let me know if it fixes your problem?  :Thmbsup:

IainB:
@Perry Mowbray: TimeZone was already a very good plugin. It has just become a superb plugin.    :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup:
Nice work.

Perry Mowbray:
Thanks Iain: I'm glad you like it... it's always nice to add a bit of spit and polish to something that's already (mostly) working  :)

So you've installed 1.3.1 and using it without problems? I'm just waiting for a bit of feedback before releasing it through dcUpdater...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version