ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: TimeZone [Update version 1.4.2]

<< < (21/45) > >>

dortom:
Thanks for the help.
I have now changed the options in timezone to EE HH:mm and am seeing every thing in the 24 hour format.
The log file shows

+ <td><a href="city.html?n=1">Abidjan</a></td><td class="r">Fri 5:44 AM</td><td rowspan="215" class="bb">&nbsp;</td><td rowspan="215">&nbsp; : {1;Abidjan;Fri 5:44 AM</td><td rowspan="215" class="bb">&nbsp;</td><td rowspan="215">&nbsp;[Fri;5;44;AM]} = 6+5+44=-7200
  + <a href="city.html?n=307">Hamburg</a></td><td class="r">Fri 6:44 AM</td><td rowspan="215" class="bb">&nbsp;</td><td rowspan="215">&nbsp; : {307;Hamburg;Fri 6:44 AM</td><td rowspan="215" class="bb">&nbsp;</td><td rowspan="215">&nbsp;[Fri;6;44;AM]} = 6+6+44=-3600
  + <a href="city.html?n=188">Ottawa</a></td><td class="r">Fri 12:44 AM</td> : {188;Ottawa;Fri 12:44 AM</td>[Fri;12;44;AM]} = 6+0+44=-25200
  + <td><a href="city.html?n=2">Abu Dhabi</a></td><td class="r">Fri 9:44 AM : {2;Abu Dhabi;Fri 9:44 AM[Fri;9;44;AM]} = 6+9+44=7200
  + <a href="city.html?n=38">Hamilton (Bermuda)</a></td><td class="r">Fri 1:44 AM :
--- End quote ---

which is the format in "timeanddate"  and is being transformed correctly  by timezone.
Thanks again for the plugin :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

IainB:
Hmmm. I installed this plugin today, and it comes up with the times OK in [E HH:mm Country-City] format, but some timezones seem to be 12 hours short - i.e., when it should be 23:55hrs the display is 11:55 (that's A.M., not P.M.).

I have used "The Personal World Clock" at timeanddate.com for a few years now, and that always displays these timezones correctly, so the problem would seem to be elsewhere - e.g., (I guess) in the plugin's interpretation of the time.

Any ideas?

dortom:

I have used "The Personal World Clock" at timeanddate.com for a few years now, and that always displays these timezones correctly, so the problem would seem to be elsewhere - e.g., (I guess) in the plugin's interpretation of the time.

Any ideas?
-IainB (January 08, 2010, 06:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

What is your setting at  "The Personal World Clock"?
Mine was originally 24hr. After I changed to 12hr am/pm the plugin worked correctly.

IainB:
@dortom: Thanks for your suggestion, but I don't think that's it.
I Login to access my "Personal World Clock" - i.e., the one I have configured/set up.
The FARR plugin does not Login to it. The plugin just accesses timeanddate.com.
In any event, my Personal World Clock is currently configured to show A.M./P.M., though I have previously tried it with 24-hour display.

I have also changed the plugin display from 12 to 24-hour, but it makes no difference  - it's still 12 hours out on some timezones, including my "home" zone (New Zealand), which is GMT+12hrs.

IainB:
Just reporting that I still can't get this plugin to work properly.
It has to be a bug in the time calculation as it persists in being exactly 12 hours off.
I would make a guess that it is not picking up my system's regional time setting correctly.
Have therefore de-installed the plugin.
Below is a screenshot of the plugin as at 1726hrs (NZ local time).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version