ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: TimeZone [Update version 1.4.2]

<< < (20/45) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
I have set up the plugin but it does not give me different times.
It shows all areas as my time.
I attach the log file and a print screen.
-dortom (January 06, 2010, 07:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi dortom! 1st post... welcome to the site!

OK, looking at your log it seems that the times were downloaded in 24 hr time format, which is not being interpreted correctly by the script. This is generally set on the site to automatic time format based on language/country.

You could try setting a 12 hr time format on http://www.timeanddate.com/custom/site.html and see if that helps (ie set the time format on the site then select ReDownload in FARR TimeZone). Or have you already set the format on the site to 24 hr format??

I'll have to allow for 24 hr time format in the next release.  ;)

dortom:
Thanks for the very fast reply.

I have tried changing my system format, changing the "timeanddate" format and am not getting anywhere. Before I installed the plugin I had setup at "timeanddate" a "personal clock" in 24 hr format, does this have any connection
When I open the link that I see in FARR e.g  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=44 I see the time   as "Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 19:53:15" which is correct.

I am and was using 24 hrs on my system

Should the  FARRTimeZone.exe icon be showing all the time after I have redownloaded? It starts and stops, how should it behave?

Attached current settings

Thanks

Perry Mowbray:
I have tried changing my system format, changing the "timeanddate" format and am not getting anywhere. Before I installed the plugin I had setup at "timeanddate" a "personal clock" in 24 hr format, does this have any connection-dortom (January 06, 2010, 11:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes I think so, try setting timeanddate to 12 hour time.

No, it's not your system format; it's the format on their page.

When I open the link that I see in FARR e.g  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=44 I see the time   as "Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 19:53:15" which is correct.-dortom (January 06, 2010, 11:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes the page will be fine. It's just Timezone is not getting the times correctly.

Should the  FARRTimeZone.exe icon be showing all the time after I have redownloaded? It starts and stops, how should it behave?
-dortom (January 06, 2010, 11:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that's correct. The exe is what downloads and writes the data file. It'll run and then quit.

Let me know how you go after changing the timeanddate settings.

dortom:
Thank you,
I went into my personal clock at "Timeanddate" and changed the format there.
I am now seeing the correct time in 12 h format.

Perry Mowbray:
 :Thmbsup: All good then. Thanks for getting back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version