ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: TimeZone [Update version 1.4.2]

<< < (2/45) > >>

lanux128:
You'll need a connection to grab the data initially, but after that it's just when the time changes.
-Perry Mowbray (March 12, 2009, 06:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks, it's good to know that.. :)

mouser:
You'll need a connection to grab the data initially, but after that it's just when the time changes.
--- End quote ---
um.. when doesnt time change?

dont you need to just grab the data to get the timezone offsets and thereafter can just use local time on the pc and offset to compute values?

Perry Mowbray:
--- End quote ---
um.. when doesnt time change?-mouser (March 12, 2009, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

:-[ Yes, I meant offset

dont you need to just grab the data to get the timezone offsets and thereafter can just use local time on the pc and offset to compute values?
-mouser (March 12, 2009, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's basically right, but because the rules around daylight saving changes are so complex the offset can change each year.

I did start by using chronos's data file, which worked fine and was a completely off-line solution, but every update would involve the downloading of a 6.7Mb xml file; so I wasn't keen.

TucknDar:
Love it! Great piece of work, Perry Mowbray!

A minor thing I'd like to see, is that the Date Format fields corresponds to computer locale. I have this in the format field: 'E HH:mm' which says 'Thu 15:13' but preferable would be that it said 'tor 15:13' (locale is Norwegian).

Not a biggie, I know, but a little detail that would improve what seems otherwise pretty perfect to me ;)

TucknDar:
Looked at the source and I guess I can just change line 311 from:

--- ---Date.dayAbbreviations = new Array('Sun','Mon','Tue','Wed','Thu','Fri','Sat');to:

--- ---Date.dayAbbreviations = new Array('søn','man','tir','ons','tor','fre','lør');
But maybe make this configurable in the settings somehow?

Anyway, now it's perfect :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version