ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facebook: How to Friend Someone Without Showing Your Status Updates

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
From www.makeuseof.com:
I’m sure that this has happened to you before. Someone you have ties to, whether it’s a co-worker, your boss, or even worse, a parent, has finally discovered social networking and wants to be your newest Facebook friend. For me personally, that’s no big deal. I’m fairly open about my online activities. Everything I write, Digg, ...
Here’s what I would do to keep that fact confined to my closer friends:
On your Facebook home page, you should see the ‘Settings’ menu close to the search field on your upper-right. Open that menu and go to ‘Privacy Settings’

--- End quote ---

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/facebook-tip-how-to-safely-friend-a-colleague-or-relative-without-showing-them-all-your-business/

mahesh2k:
I guess Facebook is way too behind Orkut on some features.

superboyac:
That's cool...now I can add my parents without worrying.

f0dder:
I wouldn't add anybody on facebook whom I wouldn't want to see my status. There's just so many other things that can go wrong, like idiots uploading pictures that really don't belong on the intartwebs and tagging you, or writing inappropriate things on your wall.

That said, I do have people from my work added, including a couple of superiors. Fortunately, it's a workplace where you can wear tshirt-hell t-shirts ("...as a kite" and "swallow or it's going in your eye") without people blinking, so being tagged moronically drunktarded isn't a problem :)

app103:
That said, I do have people from my work added, including a couple of superiors. Fortunately, it's a workplace where you can wear tshirt-hell t-shirts ("...as a kite" and "swallow or it's going in your eye") without people blinking, so being tagged moronically drunktarded isn't a problem :)
-f0dder (March 11, 2009, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version