ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Duplicate Finder 2009

<< < (5/8) > >>

tinjaw:
Hehehe  :D I wasn't talking about needing the time to learn Jaikoz, but rather that it will take so much time to do a good job at sorting out all my music. But I can see how so many features and a crowded UI could be quite intimidating.

Jaikoz is not a tool for quick checks, but instead for more intensive work. You should know that you could simply start up Jaikoz and immediately tell it to run a default search on a chosen directory. Quite easy actually.

J-Mac:
Reading through these posts I am now wondering if any of these programs can help me fix my music library.

I use MediaMonkey and I used to have it set to auto-organize - one of MM's favorite features. However it somehow went totally crazy and got way out of control. It has renamed a fair number of my MP3 tracks to other tracks' names. I posted on the MM forum about this and the only solution I found there was a plugin called MusicIP, wihch you set to replace MM's "Auto-tag from the Internet" feature. MusicIP spins for a while and then comes back with the actual track name and details - the correct stuff. And I then select the "Auto-Tag" button and that track is fixed. Problem is that I don't know which tracks were erroneously misnamed until I happen to try and play the track and something else starts coming out of the speakers!   :o >:(

So the only way now to fix all the bad named tracks in my library (~2,000 tracks) is to listen to each one by one and compare it to the track name. I don't have the patience for that. I have been doing a couple a day for weeks now. Grrrr..

Would any of these programs be able to find the misnamed tracks and repair them? That would be more than worth the cost of a license.

Thanks!

Jim

Curt:
A terrible situation, J-Mac. My deepest sympathy!
Do you feel almost certain that the files at least have the proper artist's name?

J-Mac:
A terrible situation, J-Mac. My deepest sympathy!
Do you feel almost certain that the files at least have the proper artist's name?
-Curt (June 25, 2009, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nope. E.g., last week I was listening to some Dylan stuff with MM organized by Artist>Albums. I noticed that it showed I had several dupes of certain tracks. When "You Go Your Way" was up Bob Marley's "No Woman No Cry" started blaring from the speakers! Nothing in the tag suggested that it was anything but the Dylan song it was "disguised" as. Whatever finds them, if anything, has to do it strictly by the audio.

Jim

tinjaw:
Would any of these programs be able to find the misnamed tracks and repair them? That would be more than worth the cost of a license.
-J-Mac (June 25, 2009, 12:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is one of the tasks Jaikoz is built to handle. I suggest you download the trial version and invest the time to learn how to use it. I think you would be pleased with the results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version