ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Making the switch from Windows to Mac? Read this first.

(1/2) > >>

zridling:
PCMag.com's David Epstein provides a very handy list for those moving to Mac. (single page).

Macs are elegant; Macs are powerful; Macs are, for the time being, remarkably safe from infection. But when people tell you that Macs are "intuitive," you're well within your rights to sneer. In my ten years of using Macs, I've found them no more intuitive than Windows PCs, perhaps even a little less so. If you're a recent or prospective switcher, you might avoid some trial and error by dipping into the following grab bag of factoids and advice.
Well, that just about scratches the surface. Mac aficionados will note with displeasure that I haven't said a word about Time Machine, Dashboard widgets, Spaces, Automator, or any of several thousand other things you're probably going to like.

Darwin:
Thanks for that, Zaine  :Thmbsup: A nice, balanced read, and some good pointers, to boot! I learned some things and will try them out next time I'm on my iBook.

mitzevo:
Great article! But no thanks, I'll stick to Windows (and correct usage/maintenance/mgmt) and VM's/virtualization :Thmbsup:

techidave:
A very good article.  I wished I had this when our school purchased 10 Macbooks two years ago.  I certainly struggled with finding those Windows commands that I could use on the Mac.  A lot of them I have figured out or have found out since then.  

But give my PC anyday!   :Thmbsup:

justice:
Good to see so many people here moving to Mac!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version