ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Find filenames/folders above certain length and offer to rename them

<< < (27/33) > >>

Target:
a further update where I have resolved the aforementioned problem with deleting from the dropdown (the MRU list now seems to work as intended as well)

flickering is caused by updates to the MRU (seems the menu bar has to be removed before I can update the menu - have to see if I can find a fix to this, or a better way to do it...)

I'll have a play with the undo functionality to see if I can duplicate your issue - you should be able to select an item (or items) and undo, or if you 'select all' it should, well, undo all...  Note that when you undo it should reload the list so the sort will change...

Having just written this it occurs to me that this may have something to do with the delimiters used in storing the list - I've been playing with them in the main window and can't remember if I extended those changes to the undo list...

I've changed the ADD button to default to the last loaded folder (seems to work but not tested rigorously)

again, my feedback comments weren't pointed at anyone so no apologies are necessary - this thread seems to be getting an inordinate amount of reads so I assumed others must also be watching (or is that just your OCD?) who might have something to add/suggest (but apparently not...)

and FYI, eye've goggled myself blind, but haven't seen anything that might help

cranioscopical:
I've changed the ADD button to default to the last loaded folder (seems to work but not tested rigorously)
-Target (April 16, 2009, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, I'll take it for a walk.

and FYI, eye've goggled myself blind, but haven't seen anything that might help
-Target
--- End quote ---
These comments are getting cornea!

Target:
compared to you, I am but a lowly pupil

but I dilate, appreciate your help with this!!

cranioscopical:
compared to you, I am but a lowly pupil
-Target (April 16, 2009, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Lowly? Don't lie down on the job, fifty eye lashes for you!

Is it me, or is something broken now?
Can't get file names to appear in the list, but they do show in the drop-down...

Load through 'Add' button leaves the list blank, same with drag-drop.

See?IDEA: Find filenames/folders above certain length and offer to rename them

Target:
not lying down, I'm flat out (and totally brow beaten...)

from the drop down list it looks like you added a single file (or dropped a bunch of files) - this is something I've never considered and which may go a long way to explaining things.

dropped or added paths are considered paths to search for files, not actual entries.

I've always operated under the assumption that users would be working with folders rather than individual files, which logically fits with the OP.

If you want to use it with loose files I'll have to look at that further...   

and thanks for the feedback (keep it coming!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version