ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Find filenames/folders above certain length and offer to rename them

<< < (12/33) > >>

skwire:
For the record, I'm really hesitant to develop this into a full-blown renamer.  One, there are PLENTY of much more capable renamer apps out there and, two, I simply don't want to have to support a renamer app.  Lanux, did you ever see Majkinetor's AHK-developed renamer app?  If not: Multi-Rename Script

Target:
egads Skwire, you sure know how to motivate a guy...

lanux128:
For the record, I'm really hesitant to develop this into a full-blown renamer.  One, there are PLENTY of much more capable renamer apps out there and, two, I simply don't want to have to support a renamer app.  Lanux, did you ever see Majkinetor's AHK-developed renamer app?  If not: Multi-Rename Script-skwire (March 19, 2009, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

skwire: i think you misunderstood me. my post was intended for Target as he was contemplating on how to improve his script while keeping it distinct from yours. maybe should have quoted Target in the reply, my bad..

anyway to reiterate, i've always maintained that i don't want a '"full-blown renamer", as can be seen from my earlier post.

i've been using 1-4a rename but it doesn't allow any user-defined character length, only 64 chars or more is detected as too long.. anyway, i'm not looking for full-blown renamer.

as mentioned above, just a simple app that will load given folders/files, checks against user-defined length and report back the status. additionally if it allows me to rename by pressing F2 within the GUI, i'd be most happy.
-lanux128 (March 10, 2009, 08:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

skwire:
egads Skwire, you sure know how to motivate a guy...
-Target (March 19, 2009, 01:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Beg pardon?

skwire:
Updated: Name Knife

+ F2-based file renaming in is place.  Folder renaming is not.  The error checking is fairly comprehensive at this point.
+ Edit menu -> Length presets.  You can enter in your own list of length presets.
+ It will also save your last entered value.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version