ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Find filenames/folders above certain length and offer to rename them

<< < (6/33) > >>

Target:
not sure if there's been a solution or not (it's vewy vewy quiet out there...) but here's my work on this so far - apologies if the code is untidy, but it is a work in progress

Basic functionality only so far, ie you can only edit a single file at a time. 

Select a folder using the add files button.  Files are filtered by the number of characters in the file name (excluding the xtn) using the spinner at the top.  Multiple folders can be added (folders are included in the list)

F2 or double click to edit the selected item (only)

ToDo -

capture single click (x2) editing

Preconfigured rules - I thought about the suggestions for this and it seemed they could be distilled down to a couple of basic rules, ie Trim Left, Trim Right, and replace custom.  I envisage Custom as being a comma separated list of characters/strings to remove from a file name (each character/string would be removed sequentially) - this is potentially problematic as the initial actions may create unintentionial matches for subsequent actions

any thoughts/suggestions/feedback (am I on the right track here??)

EDIT - removed old attachment

lanux128:
wow! this is nice Target. :up: i've play around and i've noticed that pressing F2 on the 1st item puts the word 'File' in the rename dialog. the rest works okay with the filename in the dialog. also can you add a refresh button, for updating the view as the user increase/decrease the character limit.

i'll be back with more feedback. btw, attaching a screenshot:

IDEA: Find filenames/folders above certain length and offer to rename them

edit: if the script is running, other app can't use F2. just letting you know.

Target:
try this then...

* fixed (?) the issue with editing the first entry
* added a refresh button (doing this automagically for a spinner isn't going to work)
* added some sample functionality to the trim functions (it changes the values in the list, but that's all).  This isn't complete as it doesn't loop through the list yet (i'm getting there...) 

Not sure about confining the hotkey to that app (I usually try and pick unique keys), it must be doable but I'll have to see what I can find out

lanux128:

* fixed (?) the issue with editing the first entry
* added a refresh button (doing this automagically for a spinner isn't going to work)
* added some sample functionality to the trim functions (it changes the values in the list, but that's all).  This isn't complete as it doesn't loop through the list yet (i'm getting there...)-Target (March 16, 2009, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, (1) is fixed and the refresh button is nice. also can you add an edit box the folder select box? i normally copy-paste the path. also i assume that 'Apply' button is not functioning yet (?)

Not sure about confining the hotkey to that app (I usually try and pick unique keys), it must be doable but I'll have to see what I can find out-Target (March 16, 2009, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

i tried the #IfWinActive command but the rename dialog is suppressed instead.

--- ---#IfWinActive File_renamer.ahk ahk_class AutoHotkeyGUI

Target:
the apply button works but only in a limited fashion, ie I've added some sample functionality to the trim functions. 

To play with it just check a box (both at once if you like) and hit apply.  The results are displayed in the list only so you can't do any damage...

quite a bit more work to do with that side of things yet...

added an edit box to paste a path AND drop file functionality (drop a folder on the gui to load it - you need to set your string length first, or set it and refresh it afterwards)

haven't had a chance to look at the hotkey issue (I may be able to get to it later on tonight, or in the morning) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version