ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Maxto-very interesting...

(1/4) > >>

cmpm:
http://www.freedownloadaday.com/2009/03/08/maxto-tiling-window-manager/

mouser:
huh?

Shades:
The software does something similar to GridMove, a known favorite here in the DC software stack.  :) 

f0dder:
It would be nice with a short description and possibly a screenshots, instead of just posting a link to the site :). Btw, why link to that blog instead of the main site?

Anyway, the program is actually something I wanted to write a while ago, but never got around to: "taming" the maximize button of applications, and make them "maximize" to predefined regions, depending on where on the screen the application currently sits. I'm going to give it a test drive and see how it works.

EDIT: here's a grab of their main page ->

EDIT2: one thing I can immediately say I don't like about the application is that it bases it's "where the window is located" on mouse position rather than window position... so if I use the keyboard to maximize a window and have the mouse cursor on the second monitor... well, you guessed it. I also find it would be more intuitive to base position either on the upper-left corner of a window, or on where the middle of the window is located. It also gobbles up a fair amount of memory: 26meg private bytes for MaxTo.exe, and 1.8meg for that MaxTo64.exe it spawns on XP64.

cmpm:
Well, I wasn't comparing this to grid move, nor have I tried grid move.

And yes the source is something worth posting.
As was suggested to me.
That's where I learned of the program.
Which is posted in the link I posted.

I'm not much of a writer, others are,
so I just posted the link.

Perhaps someone could compare it to grid move.
Or write a better explanation then what the link says as well as the main site

I don't know.
I just posted a program.
Thinking required by readers.

edit-thanks fodder for more info from your view
didn't see it till after this post

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version